THIN PLYWOOD

my wife wants me to make her a display tray for some of her needlework.... ok, no problem. she likes the sudberry tray style so that is not a problem. i am looking for a plywood or veneer that is 3/32" thick. it must be able to take a stain and finish while remaining flat ie: warping is out of the question as it will be the border for the insert. where can i find this stuff and if i can, is there any particular way to finish it ?

thanks in advance.

Reply to
WARRENRN1

You can get very thin plywood at hobby shops. It is often used for model airplanes. I don't know if they have large enough sizes for what you want or that it would have the quality for a real nice finish. I've not used it in many years myself. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
BRuce