The Woodworking Shows going away?

Well, at least it is *closer*. It's still a bit of a drive from Clear Lake.

This might be perfect timing. I'm going to be buying all new tools for my soon-to-be-finished shop and this will make it easy to compare prices.

Reply to
Scott Zrubek

The woodworking show used to be in West Springfield MA and pulled out because of a conflict. When they left they were doing very well. Now the

group is running a show and seems to be doing well. I personally like this new groups show better. That with the Providence Furniture Show mentioned and the every two years Hartford show ( more geared for Comercial shops) coming up this Spring makes me think shows are doing well.All three of these seem very well attended and growing. Maybe shows are off in some places but not New England.just like sports teams.

Reply to
henry

"Yeah these pizza-in-a-cup guys put those cup-o-pizza guys right out of business"

Anyone know that reference?

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Thank you, Henry. I hadn't checked that one. Signed up for Frank Klausz's seminar. Never met the guy. :-) Schaumberg is two or three hours away but it'll get me out of the house on a winter's day.

Now all I have to do is decide whether I want to leave about 4AM or spend Chicago prices on a room. That's money I could spend on power tools... or a new plane...

Reply to
else24

I agree - not enough interested traffic with money in their pokes - and if folks just use convenience to provide price comparison, eventually some will have to fold. Used to be a great shop called Woodwright in Spring (N of Houston, off I-45) but they're all shuttered now...... Staff & depth of pockets make a bit of difference, but eventually (buyer) traffic wins out, IMHO.

NGA

Reply to
Not Gimpy Anymore