The Problem With Winter Projects Is...

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 10:30:43 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Happy belated birthday. We'll be celebrating Mom's 94th Thursday, the 18th.
Sonny
On 1/14/2018 1:03 AM, Sonny wrote:

My dad will be 95 on Feb 9.
Leon wrote:

My Mom will be 106 on Feb 6. Hope I got some of those genes.
--
G Ross

My mom would have been 105 on Aug 23 (she died six months after her 95th). I hope your mom is doing well and make sure you do everything you can to enjoy her now.
On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 20:30:38 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I moved from the middle of Illinois, to the Hudson Valley, to Vermont, and to NE Ohio, before moving South. We like it down here. AC is a lot cheaper than heat, too.

Yeah, they got us figured out. Feed us and we'll do anything.

Sure, but that's the point. I never want to see it again! ;-)
On Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 4:57:38 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

te:

rote:

w out of

s 14° and there

y the town's

fire hydrant

5 mph

own

ends. Free lift

.
till don't really

d's sister’s house. SWMBO and my daughter went inside to set up br unch. I stayed outside and shoveled

I don't have the physique for water skiing. Covering it up on the slopes is best for all involved. ;-)
On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 12:02:30 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I had wondered just how much woodworking you and others could be doing in t hat cold weather. If you don't have some kind of heat, WW is probably non existent.
As Leon said, we had some decent weather, then turned too cold for some fin ishing. Last night, I brought the T astragal into the upholstery shop for finishing (water base Varathane, so no fumes).... it's ready to install.
Bought 2 Pfeil curved scorps, one's handle kept coming off within 15 minute s of initial use. Epoxy was about 55°, but I mixed it anyway. Seem s the handle is holding, well, though I haven't put it through a rigorous t est, yet.
Today, it's 43° and windy, feels like 38°. Neck scarf weather, for me! - Repaired a chair seat frame (upholstery)..... letting the glue dry, now. I'll install the astragal, in the meantime. - Despite the cold, I'm anxious to get back to work on the cypress chairs. With the scorps in working order, I can envision some significant progress, soon, but still lots of work to be done. - The cold, rain and wind, lately, has shut down the shop's gable end sidin g work, but I'm anxious to get beck to that, also.... next week? - During my (typical) several breaks from work, played some computer chess, to pass the time.
Sonny
On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 2:57:03 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

My tiny shop is in my basement. 3 block walls exposed, so it's chilly. It's insulated and dry-walled, but still chilly.
I keep one of those oil filled portable "radiators" running on low 24-7 to keep it comfortable.