The Problem With Winter Projects Is...

My first, 1966 was a piece of 1x6 pine with a "Key" type steel roller skate taken apart and the halves attached to both ends. BUT no lean to steer capability. My board was not even rounded on the ends nor square cut. A lot like the top board in the picture. LOL It was fugly.

I saved up for a "store bought" board, $5. It was made out of maple and walnut, it looked a lot like the easy to throw together cutting boards you see on Youtube. Its wheels stuck like glue and steered much unlike the steel fixed wheels on my home made board.

Reply to
Leon

My dad will be 95 on Feb 9.

Reply to
Leon

BTDT! Them steel wheels didn't handle rocks very well, did they?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I called that "auto break". ;~) I recall being extra careful with those steel wheels.

I'll a step I did not mention about wrapping card board around our bodies... I thought 1/4" plywood would be a good idea. I don't think I ever got close to stepping up on that board while trying to not take off in flight with that piece of plywood.

Reply to
Leon

My Mom will be 106 on Feb 6. Hope I got some of those genes.

Reply to
G Ross

I moved from the middle of Illinois, to the Hudson Valley, to Vermont, and to NE Ohio, before moving South. We like it down here. AC is a lot cheaper than heat, too.

Yeah, they got us figured out. Feed us and we'll do anything.

Sure, but that's the point. I never want to see it again! ;-)

Reply to
krw

te:

rote:

ends. Free lift

till don't really

d's sister?s house. SWMBO and my daughter went inside to set up br unch. I stayed outside and shoveled

I don't have the physique for water skiing. Covering it up on the slopes is best for all involved. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

My mom would have been 105 on Aug 23 (she died six months after her

95th). I hope your mom is doing well and make sure you do everything you can to enjoy her now.
Reply to
krw