The private lives of woodworkers !

Ya know, El Sauro, I kinda wish ya hadn't jest driven that image inta ma tiny brain like a sixteen penny nail.

Y'all Milwaikiki boyz sher dew know how ta have fun.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Not doubting you of course, but how do YOU know that? ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

STOP IT, woodja! Now I got visions of choky starfish running through my brain like a bad C & W song.

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

[snip]

pregnancies...single-parenthood...STD's...Herpes...HPV. [snip]

Hells bells. TV, Radio, music, streetcorner, mall, now the wreck! we can't get away from it. I just want to be able to hold off "the talk" until my kids hit 3rd grade! The rest of the world is not somehow more enlightened. Maybe we need less, not more.

Noel Montgomery

Reply to
Montyhp

As long as it ain't painted yellow :-)

Reply to
Folklore

I love this type of survey, and have great fun submitting totally false answers, multiple times.

As self-selecting surveys are statistically and scientifically meaningless, treating them this way is just as useful to the surveyer as answering honestly!

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sun, Aug 3, 2003, 7:06am (EDT+4) dave***@balderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) read this from:

Folklore : I said that it's not statistically valid. There's a difference in statistically valid and scientifically useful.

Then Dave was puzzled, and wanted to know: Explain that difference, s' il vous plait. If I wished, for some bizarre reason, to hire you to do market research for me, how would you sell me a self-selecting survey as useful in any way to my business? You'll sell me a survey that is statistically invalid, but somehow scientifically useful? Do tell! "This I gotta see."

OK Dave, I'll second your post to him. I read his post over several time, and was puzzled too. I just couldn't figure out how to phrase my question.

JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football.

- Lu-Tze

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Can you please explain your reasoning some more. What have I said anywhere that would lead you to that conclusion?

How does that give you a thrill?

Reply to
Folklore

Youch! That would indeed be bad technique.

One does *not* use the wrist when tossing wrenches.

But my shoulder is damned sore...

;-)

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Sun, Aug 3, 2003, 7:20pm (EDT+4) dave***@balderstone.ca (Dave=A0Balderstone) says: There's too many Dave's around here, JOAT. You'll have to be more specific.

Aw, c'mon Dave, I wasn't referring to you, and before he chirps up, not Dave either. I was referring to Dave. Anyone should have know that.

JOAT Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football.

- Lu-Tze

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 23 Jul 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

Reply to
bay area dave

bummer...

dave

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:

Reply to
bay area dave

I'd be very interested in the stats from this survey. Can you please post .

Reply to
dteckie

I just got back in the office and am heading home. I hope to post the results tomorrow morning.

Folk...

Reply to
Folklore