The new Powermatic 8" jointer.

Has anybody seen the PM Model 60B 8" jointer?

I was going to buy either the Delta DJ-20 or the General International

80-200 8" jointer when I saw the Powermatic Model 60B 8" jointer at Tool Crib/Amazon.com. It looks like, and it's specs are very similar to, the older Model 60A but costing a lot less ($1099.99). It has a 2HP single phase motor, 73" bed etc. I've heard that the old Model 60A is no longer made - that this is it's replacement. If this model is of similar solid construction, design, fit and finish as the older PM 60B I'll probably buy it instead of the Delta or General.

Guy Fabre

Reply to
Guy Fabre

While it maybe similar, it is an import. The old PM60 was made in the US of US castings. I've never seen one with a warped casting.

Reply to
My Old Tools