The dreaded Ryobi BT 3000

Anyone know where I can get a new sliding miter table for the Ryobi BT

3000? It seems I have tightened it down beyond tight and it just spins and spins and won't lock down. The groove the bolt locks into underneath has stripped. I'm waiting for this motor to die and then will be upgrading.

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick

Not long ago, somebody with a BT-3000 that had a burned out motor was looking for a new motor. Seems you guys should get together and one of you can get the parts to build a working machine :-)

Seriously, check eBay or the Sears parts store.

Reply to
Roy Smith

Go to:

They have a very strong support group for the Ryobi BT3K and you can probably find the answer easily enough. I have that same saw - bought used, but haven't had any problems with it - so I can't give you any help, other than to provide the link above.

Reply to
m-halverson

Probably your best bet would be to ask for help over at the forums on

Lotsa folks w/ a lot of experience w/ these saws. If they can't help you get it working again, someone there can probably hook you up w/ someone else parting out a spare saw.

HTH,

Monte

Reply to
nuk

go to

You won't see it listed but do a search on the parts listing. you can download a complete parts list with diagrams.

Reply to
Valleywoodworker

Are you near Salem, Oregon

Reply to
Pat Keith

No, St. Louis, MO. Nick

Reply to
Nick

Go to www3.Sears.com for parts. They have better parts and support than the official Ryobi site. They also have online exploded parts diagrams so you can order the part you want. The part numbers are different from the ones in Ryobi users manual. I have good luck with them for parts for other tools as well including those not carried by Sears.

Reply to
Glen

Honestly, though, if you're up to the effort, you're probably better off buying a new saw ($299), keeping it, and selling the remaining parts of the old one on ebay. Although it might be fixable; definitely check

thanks,

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

I wish that you had spoken earlier. I just threw away my BT-3000 about a week ago, including all the tables, fences, etc.

That was a very satisfying bit of throwing-out.

I hated that damned saw.

thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)

Tom Watson

Sears website and ordered the parts I need. I ended up not needing the whole table, just a couple of $2 parts. Until this motor goes I can't buy a new TS. It shouldn't be too long though. Lately I have become very fond of hard maple and that saw is working hard!!

Thanks again, Nick

Reply to
Nick

I'd try cutting bricks with the sumbitch and setting a fan to blow the dust into the motor housing. Spray a little water into the opening to help things along. The problem is that the little prick will not die.

My saw was not dead when I threw it away. It had just enough ugly life in it that it would have eventually injured me if I had kept it. When I did my last onsite for-pay job, I swore that I would throw it out - and I did. It made me happy that I was able to get rid of it before it hurt me.

The only bad thing - in a social consciousness way of thinking - is that some dipshit trash-picked the saw before the trash guys picked it up. That means that some unsuspecting person is liable to get hurt by that trashed saw. I just hope that their insurance company doesn't track me down and make me pay for the inevitable injury.

Responsibility never ends.

Thomas J. Watson - Cabinetmaker (ret.) (Real Email is tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet)

Tom Watson

What on earth did you guys do to those poor saws to make them behave so badly?? I want to make sure I *don't* treat mine like that, so it'll continue to behave as good as it currently does.

--randy

Reply to
Randy Chapman

If you try google groups you can dig up Tom's post detailing why he hated his BT3000 so much.

Here:

Silvan

Try wrapping long URL's in 's most newservers and newsreaders are smart enough not to break the lines so the URL's are usable.

Also, I couldn't get the post with that URL. Folks might want to try:

Reply to
Keep it to Usenet please