Teak Wood Available

Greetings! I have a supply of used tongue and groove teak (about 60-90 boards,approx 3"x3/4"x8')

Any idea what it might be worth? Anyone in the Allentown area interested? As much as this probabbly sounds like a commercial offer, it's really not the case... I have no use for it, need the space, and would like to see it go to someone who'll use it.

No reasonable offer refused.... But you have to pick it up!

Hal

Reply to
sawdog

Didn't somone post here a week ago or so looking for Teak in Philly area?? Depending on where that guy is, Allentown is not too far away.

Are there nail holes in the wood? are the tongues and grooves in good shape? Is there a surface finish? Was it used as flooring? Any holly go go with it?

Reply to
No

60 boards = 120 bf 90 boards = 160 bf

Teak sells for a variety of prices depending on source, quantity, grade, etc. but figure $10- $15/bd. ft. You have between $1200 - $2400 worth discounting cutting off T&G.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

Gee whiz, out here 90 mi. north from LA on the coast I can get teak for about $18 - $22 a BF or so, prices fluctuate here a lot. depends on where you are. You could run an add in any local free "recycler" type of paper, but competing upon realizing your local prices. "Used prices"... something to that effect.

Reply to
AAvK

To answer some of the questions:

The wood was used to pane the walls of a "hot tub room" (the tub itself was unused/empty for the past 4 years....)

The quantity listed has nail holes in two rows, on ONE side (It was nailed up as "panels" from the back, and the furring strips were attached.

Most pieces have a 3 inch rabbet along the top, where they were fastened to the upper strip.

The quantity listed is the "good stuff". I have culled out the "junk" (about 25 percent of the total quantity). I still *have* the "less desireable" pieces, as well as a bunch of "short" (1-4 foot sections).

Overall, it's still very nice, and would probably wainscott

Reply to
sawdog

OOps.... To answer the last two questions, the T&G is in good condition (one in 25 pieces *may* have a split or other issue in the "groove" side). The wood does not seem to have been finished. It has a slightly rough surface (textured, maybe? or rustic?), But I took my No. 4 to a few of the smaller sections, and it smooths out nicely.

Hal

Reply to
sawdog
2 entries found for wainscot. To select an entry, click on it.

Main Entry: 1 wain·scot Pronunciation: 'wAn-sk&t, -"skOt, -"skät Function: noun Etymology: Middle English, from Middle Dutch wagenschot, probably from wagen wagon + schot shot, crossbar

1 British : a fine grade of oak imported for woodwork 2 a (1) : a usually paneled wooden lining of an interior wall (2): a lining of an interior wall irrespective of material b: the lower three or four feet (about one meter) of an interior wall when finished differently from the remainder of the wall

Main Entry: 2 wainscot Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): -scot·ed or -scot·ted; -scot·ing or -scot·ting : to line with or as if with boards or paneling

...sorry I just had to look up that word, but now I know it heh heh...

Reply to
AAvK

Man, I wish I was going to be in Reading this year to visit my daughter (unfortunately, she's coming down to visit me instead). I would definitely take it off your hands.

Reply to
Odinn