Switch for old belt sander

I have an older (circa 1960 I'd guess) belt sander than has an outboard DC motor (110V, 1hp if memory serves). The wires were cut and I need to rewire it and am wondering if I should install a variable switch at the same time. Can I use one of these?

should I just get one of these:
you don't have enough info, let me know and I'll check it out. I don't think it would pull more than 15 amps.

Reply to
Subw00er