surplus ipe decking FS Orlando

I caught an ad in the Orlando Sentinel I'm passing on to you folks. somebody is advertising for sale 43 pieces of 2x6x12 ipe decking,for $15.00!

To me,that seems like a bargain for a hobbyist woodworker with the tools to machine it.

I'd buy it myself if I had a place to put it,and the tools.... (apartment dweller)

I don't think it's proper to post someone's phone number without knowing them,but I'll email it to anyone local.Or you can look up my phone number,it's in the book,just talk to the machine I use to screen out nuisance calls.

I didn't check to see if the ads can be viewed thru the Orlando Sentinel website.It was in the "Cheap stuff" section,right on the front of the classified ad section.

I hate to see useful wood go to waste.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

OOhhhh man! I am in the beginning stage of building a deck on the back of my house. I could sure put this to good use....but a bit too far to drive...bummer...

Skip

Skip Williams

$15 per board would be a steal. IIRC the last time I bought 1x6x8' rough cut Ipe I paid between $20-$30 per board.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote in news:QS6sj.103$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi069.nbdc.sbc.com:

another person suggested that it might be "per board",but the ad didn't expressly SAY that. Worth looking into for the cost of a phone call,IMO.

Reply to
Jim Yanik