Stickley Chest of Drawers! (Done)

A very similar quality exists in photographers. There are those who can "frame" a shot just right and create an "image" and then there are those who (like me) who just take pictures. :-(

Max

Reply to
Max

Musicians are no exception ... while most can cultivate some musical ability, it's generally more satisfying for everyone concerned to begin with some degree of raw talent. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Oh, yes...I had in my original post but decided it was too wordy that one can practice forever but w/o some basic talent, another Jascha Heifetz ain't likely...having had probably fifteen years of enforced "training" and still unable to do more than plunk out a tune or saw away little, I'm sadly aware of the limitations of "no musical talent"... :(

Reply to
dpb

Know the feeling ... been playing professionally for 40+ years and have the same problem. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Very Nice work. Very nice.

Harvey Ellis Dresser in walnut! My first drawers with

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

The project is super nice. I love Stickley, and am working up to that sort of thing. One thing, the drawer sides and bottom could be finished darker to match, and that's a minor quibble on a such looking well made nice dresser

You have a massive joiner! nice. Make some cabinets or shelves out of MDF and you can clear off that workbench - shelves under the bench would help too.... but wait. I have cabinets over my bench and I can hardly find a spot to set a beer down....LOL

I'd be interested to see how the side panels sit in the grooves - are they just cut thin on the back side and then slide into grooves? Do you have plans for this? Wife would love this project, but I'd have to use oak.

Reply to
scott

Thank you!

I think the lighter maple sides make the dovetails pop. Not sure I would be interested in darker drawer sides.

The panels are 1/4" walnut ply and sit in 1/4" grooves.

I have a sketch of the dresser on my web site with measurements.

GarageWoodworks