Stanley combination plane 45

I uses my bench planes all the time and really love using em.Ive been looking at the combo plane for a while and was wondering if i would really use it if i had one.So my question is if you have a combo plane do you use it or is it just there collecting dust.

-- Knowledge speaks, wisdom listen..... Jimi Hendrix

Reply to
martin

Collecting dust...though in fairness (and by grace, I guess) when I first got it (trading work ten years ago) it was the perfect on-site tool for putting a type of tongue and groove on the leading edges of three sets of double-bifolded, nine-foot 1&3/4" raised-panel mahogany leaves, to lock together as free-swinging "inside dress shutters" in a high-end house.

Is it possible to have too many tools standing at the ready?

Nah.

Ten years, used it once.

Gotta have it.

Reply to
Wm Jones

Reply to
Lawrence A. Ramsey

Don't have one, but have been researching getting one. From the Porch, the CW is that the 45 is OK, but has a lot of doodads which make it difficult to use. People like the Record 044, Stanley 50, and sargent

1080 as better users, as they are less complicated and finicky. Check out Patrick's Blood & Gore for additional details on the 45 and 50.

mdr