Speaking of chisels

While at AWFS this past weekend, I got to try out one of the new Lie Nielson chisel prototypes. Sweet. Very well balanced. Basic bench chisel design, with bevelled blades. They are making them from A2, with all the cryogenic hardening and all that. Rockwell 60-62. They aren't shiny like the plane blades, but more of a matte gray, except where they have been honed. The one I held was about a half inch, and cut end grain on cherry like it wasn't there (which merely means they know how to sharpen). I was very impressed. These should be out by the end of the year.

Cheers, Eric

Reply to
Eric Lund