Source of unfinished cherry chairs

does anyone know of a source of unfinished cherry chairs........Queen Ann style.....cabriole legs etc.

The problem I have is that I made the table and server..both out of cherry....but don't care to make the chairs.

So now I'm faced with an ultimatum by my wife.....get matching chairs SOMEHOW......or buy a new dining room set.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Reply to
e_rotic

crap man... GET DIVORCED!

Reply to
AArDvarK

Adam's Wood Products may be able to help you out

Kevin Daly

Kevin Daly
:

I have the same problem and the same ultimatum.

Reply to
Mac Cool

Maybe you should view the video by Frank Klauz on mortise and tenon joinery. :-) He pretty much shows how to make chairs in that video. The legs can be purchased. They would be the time consuming part of chair construction.

There is a nice article on chair design in one of the recent issues of woodwork magazine.

Then there is Jeff Miller's book *Chairmaking and Design*.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

I second the motion. If a spouse cannot appreciate the fact that you hand made something of such distinction for your home, there is clearly two different mindsets at play.

You've demonstrated your ability by making somoething quite nice and your spouse giving an ulimatum to have something match instead of enjoying what you created shows a very shallow mind that will just plague and dampen your future creative efforts.

Reply to
John Poole

Try

they farm out their chairs to someone in Lancaster, PA I hear. If you ask nice they might tell you who. Their prices aren't too bad. Their website stinks though.

Reply to
Brikp

Try these

vmtw