Source for 6" PVC S&D fittings for DC line

I'm in the process of running line for my eventual dust collection system. I'm using Bill Pentz's recommendations for 6 inch PVC sewer and drain line. Fortunately, I can get the line locally. What I'm having problems with is that the place I can get the line does not stock all the different fittings I'm going to need. They are happy to special order stuff for me, but I have to buy a case of a particular fitting at time.

Does anyone have a source that would be willing to sell individual fittings? Particularly at a price something less that list?

I'm in the Columbia River Gorge area, about an hours drive east of Portland, OR.

Reply to
Frank Stutzman

You might try mesher plumbing supply in portland SH

Reply to
Slowhand

Can you move enough air to keep shavings moving in this big pipe? Have you looked at cfm vs velocity requirements ? Wilson

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

If his collector is above 800 cfm and at least 1.5hp he should have no problem. YMMV. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

They are just today pouring the concrete for my 22 x 25 shop. I got my pipe for the floor fron ACE Hardware here in GA. You may want to look there. I also got one fitting from an underground irrigation co. The plan is to put in all 6' and get a Cyclone from Penn State. The construction is taking way to long..hehe

Dave Mack Atlanta Metro

"Slowhand" >> system.

Reply to
Dave Mack Sr.

Here (mid-Missouri), one of the two plumbing suppliers carries the 2729 sewer and drain pipe. Both generally carry a few fittings, but were out of wyes. Lowes, which doesn't carry the pipe, carries some 6" fittings. I don't know if these will help you, but the sales numbers off my Lowes receipt are

1812 (6X6X4 wye) and 1807 (6X6X6 wye). They also carry 45s and short-radius 90s, but I didn't get any and so don't have the sales numbers. Lewis

Reply to
Lewis

Is that "real" CFM or manufacturer's "touted" CFM?

Reason I ask, I have a horse and a half Murphy-Rodgers and whilst it's somewhere in the "above a thousand" CFM in free flow (no bag/no connections) Murphy-Rodgers is nice enough to advertise it as 700ish (real world).

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

McMaster Carr. When you are buying only one or two fitting you generally pay list price or close to it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Frank, try United Pipe & Supply. They should have anything you want; they supply contractors. The one closet to you is might be the one on Columbia Boulevard in Portland or possibly off Johnson Creek near Clackamas (I think). They'll be in the telephone book. There are now two in Vancouver. The ones I dealt with were always great and are not "snobbish" to the individuals (individuals just don't get the contractors' volume prices).

BTW, hello, neighbor. (Cascade Locks, perhaps, or the Washington side of the River?)

Glenna

Reply to
Glenna Rose

That's "closest" not closet. Geez.

Reply to
Glenna Rose

Real. I think. I learned it at a dust collection website. I think the guy had to have been an engineer because I didn't understand half of what I read ;-)

He did say with a 1.5 hp collector, to get rid of the 4" trunk connection and upgrade to 6" because that was necessary to collect the really fine dust that kills people in the Republic of Kalifornia SH

Reply to
Slowhand

Not exactly. I'm doing my DC design strictly from Bill Pentz's web site

Seems that there is enough ancedotal information elsewhere on the web that his data is good. I'm not a good enough fluid dynamics engineer to figure out this sort of stuff on my own.

BTW, thanks whoever it was who suggested Mesher and the Blue Borg. I'll check them out this weekend while I'm in Portland picking up the mother-in-law at the airport.

Frank Stutzman

Reply to
Frank Stutzman