Siphon-feed spray gun won't siphon

Spalted Walt wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Um, here's a hint: Basshammer's post came from Google Groups. For the reason I already explained, the References header in that post is incorrect. Basically, it's GIGO.

You can go read the RFC if you want to know how it's all intended to work. It's not really a relevant subject here.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Here's a FACT: It matters NOT where "Basshammer's post came from". Dr Deb's and Sonny's posts also "came from Google Groups" as well. WTF is your point? Stop hating.

You haven't explained shit because you're clearly clueless. Basshammer's reply was to nailshooter, who was the last person to post to this thread, until today.

Why the hate for Dr Deb, Sonny, and the others here that use Google groups?

I've been kicking around the Usenet since '94. I've forgotten more than you'll ever know.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Reply to
Leon

Actually "all that usenet stuff is" very relevant. It is SUPPOSED to help prevent misdirected replys like you just did.

Which is why you should be posting your helpful reply to Basshamme, instead of me. Will he even see it now? Who knows.

Reply to
Spalted Walt

Yep, siphon guns usually work with a venturi at the top of the pickup tube. If anything from this point forward is gunked up, the air will start to bypass the spray head and turn down the pickup.

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

Yup - these issues almost always turn out to be cleaning issues, or tightening down the packing (though probably not in this case), and more rarely, a rebuild kit. Cleaning - that's the number one issue and the first thing to go for.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

replying to Sonny, TrailerGuy wrote: I had this same problem and came here to see if it had an answer. None of the above helped me but I just fixed it! Beteewn the nozzle and the body is a flat, soft, plastic washer with lots of holes to allow the air through. When the retaining ring is screwd on there is meant to be a perfect deal. As the plastic washer had become less flexible the seal was not happening because the there was too big a gap. I filed back the surround to the nozzle so that it seats on the base and now the washer seals it up perfectly. I'd include a photo, but how?

Reply to
TrailerGuy