Set Screws vs. Cap Screws

I attend several model engineering shows every year and every display has ropes, or other means, to prevent visitors damaging displays. Sure, in many cases an adult visitor might be able to reach over and touch but visitors to these shows all have respect for the amount of work invested in a model. Most stands are run by clubs and members are always on hand to answer questions and keep a watchful eye.

Reply to
Stuart

Sign up the the Yahoo 7x12 minilathe group or the Yahoo X series mills group and ask. Someone will probably produce some for you. About a 5min job on a mill. If you were near me in the UK I'd do it for a couple of beers.

I've made sawdust a long time but a couple of years ago bought a cheap Asian 7x12 minilathe and a tiny X1 mill (Now have a much bigger mill/drill) and I've taken to making swarf too.

For so long there was the situation "what I need for this job is....". Now I just make it. Absolutly great. I can be completely free and imaginative about the way I can tackle projects.

Reply to
Stuart

Yes, if you have access to a blacksmith's forge or maybe an Oxy-acetylene torch

Reply to
Stuart

A good mapp or even propane torch can handle bending 8mm mild steel allthread with no problem. It can even be bent cold as long as the radius is not too tight and it isn't made in China

Reply to
clare

Reply to
Leon