Screw It

I'd planned on leaving this link open, and adding new links as I found them. It's a PITA to keep it up, I've got other things to spend my time on, and you people "should" be able to find links for youself - "if" you'll try. I've got a batch of links saved for my own use, but mostly wind up googling instead, usually faster, so I'll be thinning those too. However, I will retain specialized links, of personal interest, such as specific woodworking plans, vehicles, smithing, color mixing, et al, that were hard to find in the first place, and I'm not inclined to dig them out again. I'll pull the plug on this page in a week or so. That'll give you sufficient time to save any links you like.

JOAT Viet Nam. Divorce. Cancer. Been there, done that, got over it. Now where the Hell are my T-shirts?

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Thank you JT. I always enjoy your inspiration post's. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Thanks JT - I've watched your posts and plans for ages looking forward to the day I could build some of them. I am currently building a 40 X

40 workshop in the back yard and for the first time in years will be able to access my tools. It should have been completed yesterday but after the crew had installed the back wall I walked out and found the factory shipped the wrong color :-( New material will be delivered next week and hopefully it will be finished by the weekend. I saved a bunch of your plans and hope to give them a try soon. Take care.
Reply to
REMOVE

JT

Thanks for all the links. I've got four grandsons that might really enjoy some of those toys...now if I only cand make some more time

I saved your page as an .mht file, so now i have it forever...

Thanks again for all the work accumulating the links.

Skip

Skip Williams

J T, have you ever thought about writing a book or putting up a web page on how to do a search? You clearly know some things about it that most of the rest of us don't, because you keep coming up with all this neat stuff.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Sat, Nov 10, 2007, 10:40am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.=A0Clarke) doth sayeth: J T, have you ever thought about writing a book or putting up a web page on how to do a search? You clearly know some things about it that most of the rest of us don't, because you keep coming up with all this neat stuff.

ROTFLMAO Gods above, no. Anything I can find, anyone else can find. I use google for 99.99% of my searches, because it's simple, and it works. If I can't find what I want, I change words. Or, use quites, or not. But, if I have something specific I'm looking for, I tend to stick with it. Doing that I find loads of side-effect woodworking plans. So I post about 10% of 'em. I do a load of searches, so get a load of side-effects. I still run across some interesting woodworking plans, even tho my main searching right now is in connection with a vehicle project. I am working on an on-going mid-engine, RWD, project. I'll be able to start actual work once the design is final. But, lost two donor vehicles, due to life interfering - '80 Turbo Buick Rivera, '80 Buick Riviera with OEM 350 Olds engine. So, now am looking for an appropriate londgitudinal transaxle, automatic, that I can use a 4.3 GM V-6 with. I may be s stuck using the same engine the transaxle comes with, NOT my first choice. Or, use a transverse transaxle, also not my first choice. Either there are not a lot of options out there, or I'm using the wrong serch words. I've been looking for another GM FWD donor vehicle, but anything running (both of mine actually ran) are very over-priced, or don't run (which which would be fine, as I would probably swap engines anyway), bu are so far away the cost of moving t hem would boost the cost too much. I would get a stick shift (easier to find, and take a more torquey engine) but got bad knees, and they would not appreciate all the clutching. I'll get it all sorted out one day.

Bottom line, anything I can do finding plans, anyone else can too.

JOAT Viet Nam. Divorce. Cancer. Been there, done that, got over it. Now where the Hell are my T-shirts?

- JOAT

Reply to
J T

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention? My vehicle is to eventually wind u p with a free-floating dual turbo setup. Already got the turbos, they ran me about $50 each, shipping included. It should come out at a max of 2700 lbs, including all fluids, spare tire, driver; hopefully a couple of hundred lgs under that. I'm doing it for the fuel economy, not for blowing the doors off of imports and Mustangs.