Router bit for bolection moulding

I'm doing a bunch of woodworking for a bedroom renovation, including some simple inlaid panel wainscotting. What I want to do is dress up the panels with bolection moulding. It also goes by other names like "rabbeted panel moulding" and "panel inlay moulding".

Here's an example:

I'm looking fort a face profile like BO-6, BO-58 or BO-230.

I'd like to cut this moulding myself but I've been unable to find a router bit, or bit set, that will do it. The closest I've been able to find is a Freud bit:

the profile's too flat.

Does anyone have any tips on how to cut moulding like this? I have a router table and 3hp router (no shaper or moulder).

Reply to
Steve Manes

Doug Payne

Hi Steve!

Multi-profile molding bits might cut the deeper mouldings you are trying to get. Many makers with variations on the theme...

andypack