rockhard tabletop finish

I have a quart of rock hard tabletop varnish. It's suggested to be thinned with a proprietary reducer only. Would it mix with tung and linseed to make a rub on build up type finish? I could linseed, shellac and then topcoat with the rock hard and rub it out but my concern is a misfit and cracking. It's going on curly maple, aniline dyed. Thanks much

Reply to
BErney1014

For years now, I've mixed Behlen's Rock Hard Tabletop Varnish with hardware store mineral spirits, naptha, linseed oil and 100% tung oil - generally not all at the same time. No problems whatsoever.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC