Rip cutting egual lengths on bad equipment

I have a cheap small table top saw from lowes. What is the best way to rip boards to identical widths for a project?

Thanks!

Reply to
stryped

Someone please tell me this guy is a troll or has a wacky sense of humor.

RicodJour

I started with a cheap table saw like that. Every time you set the fence, you need measure to ensure that the fence is parallel to the blade. On mine, the fence clamp down wasn't very good, so I put a C-clamp at each end of the fence to hold it in place. Of course, the best solution is to get a better saw :)

Reply to
bf

My first thought was to tell you to get a new saw, but your main problem with the saw that you have is the fence. It likely doesn't hold position and stay square to the blade very well.

Why don't you find a nice straight edge board and use it as your fence by clamping it to the top of your table saw. A longer fence that extends back past the saw on the input side will also allow you to hold the board being cut against it for a greater distance from the blade and produce a straighter cut. Using a board as a fence like this will take you more time to adjust, but should solve a lot of your problems. A good quality sharp blade will make a big difference too.

Reply to
Charley

don't ask what effect a non-parallel blade &/or fence has on the cut, b/c my guess is you already know.

Reply to
bent

Reply to
Pat Barber

Which is your question, equal lengths or identical widths?

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Good technique and not moving the fence.

Reply to
CW