Riding Biplane

I'm trying to make the riding biplane rocking "horse" from the Jan/Feb issue (Vol 18 issue 1) of Woodworkers Journal. Everything is going well up to building the rockers. Instructions and the layout grid specify cutting the from an 8' long 2X8. The grid layout says the lines for the pattern should be 2" apart. This works fine for the length (48 squares to = 8'), but the width is a bit over 5 squares which would indicate a width in excess of even a 2X10. My first thought was to cut the from a 2X12, but that leaves each rocker about 57" long, well out of proportion with the rest of the project. If I use a 1 1/2" grid, I get about the correct width and the lenght seems about right, but the layout would be wrong on an 8' board.

Very ofter, magazines print corrections in following issues, but I don't have the next few issues.

Does anyone happen to have Vol 18 issue 2 or 3 that might have the corrections noted? I'd appreciate any help.

Art

Reply to
Art and Diane

Is it this one?

you can contact them and ask here about the discrepancy:

willshak

Yes, that's the one. I sent off an email to them to ask about it, but no response yet, so I thought I'd try here.

Thanks, Art

willshak wrote:

Reply to
Art and Diane