Ridgid router combo

Bought one of these combos. I am very impressed with the fit and finish. Runs smooth, gobs of power. Light enough for everyday on the bench kind of work. Helluva deal at 159 Canuckistani dollars. Happy.

Robatoy

with a lot of hesitation. I have bought four to date: 2 - 5" orbital sanders, on 1/4 sheet rattle sander, and the 12V Li drill driver kit.

All have been great. The reason I bought two of the 5" orbitals is that they have lifetime warranties on them, and when we get to sanding.... well.... we can can a lumberyard of stuff doing prep. One of 5" jobs has never had anything finer than 120 on it, and has spent most if its life with 80g or even 60g. It is used for heavy paint removal and sometimes runs for 10-15 minutes without stopping (doesn't sound like much, but try it with the tool in hand!) and only turned off to move the ladder or adjust material.

It has been almost too hot to hold more than a few times. That one has been going for almost 6 years to date.

Pretty sturdy stuff.

Love that little 12v mini drill driver for my kitchen refits. Really does charge in an hour, and it lasts a long time.

I hear their heavy duty corded drills are good, but no personal experience with them.

BTW Rob, when you said you sold everything, you really meant EVERYTHING, didn't you? =3D^0

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

I sure did. A turn-key business with everything including my accountant. That left me with some very basic home repair tools... hammer and pliers... and a saw. (and I kept my cnc.)

But, I put aside a sum for a compact set of tools which would allow me to build basic stuff in conjunction with my cnc.... mostly for our house. Of course there are some people who want me to build them stuff and I have my first load of cherry arriving next week. A nice home entertainment centre for a friend who allowed me a pretty decent budget. Two of my three daughters already own their own homes so there's lots to be built for them..... and there will be grand kids. Either doll houses or Harley Davidson rocking horses. I have some Frank Lloyd Wright designs for the dollhouses (ok, kidding)

So yes, I am reassembling a kit.

Reply to
Robatoy

I sure did. A turn-key business with everything including my accountant. That left me with some very basic home repair tools... hammer and pliers... and a saw. (and I kept my cnc.)

O M G ! YOU are FESTOOL-LESS. The S H A M E...... LOL

Reply to
Leon

I'm retired, dammit! What need do I have for a quiet, well-balanced, two-mode, variable speed perfect sander? Huh? Then I'd need a serious sucker, like the Turbo II Fein..or a CT22... okay....take me out of this straight jacket, unlock the rubber room and I will buy just ONE Rotex.... Denial is a bitch.

Reply to
Robatoy

It's very similar to the Hitachi router combo set in design and HP, which is also a solid little piece of machinery, IMO.

Reply to
SBH

Indeed. The similarities didn't go unnoticed. I ran several ( All told 6) M12V's hard in solid surface work over the last 8-9 years. We beat them up pretty good. Never did one break. Very good routers and I have mentioned many times in here that they're the best bang for the buck. Unfortunately, they're out of production. Maybe the new ones are just as good, dunno. The odd time I will need a brute, I will borrow one, but I don't think I will be using anything bigger than the 2HP of the Ridgid. I really like it because it is lighter than most reasonably priced midrange routers.

Reply to
Robatoy