ridgid radial arm problem

I picked up a Ridgid Radial Arm about a year and a half ago, model RS1000 0 , which was in almost new condition (still had the original blade) I made sure it worked at the time but didn't set it up as I was using another. It has sat for about a year or more, and finally I decided to set both up together, went to plug it up and try it and all I get is a loud hum from the motor! the blade is VERY hard to turn by hand as well, have blew it out with the compressor and even tried putting a socket on the blade and turning it like that but still wont run. Any one have ideas?

Reply to
steve

If nothing is jamming the blade, then think seized bearings

John

Reply to
John

You might also try their forum at

I think. I hung out there for a bit when deciding on a planer and it seemed the tech help was pretty good and timely.

Cheers, cc

Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

I appreciate the replies, I think I am going to either keep it for spares for my craftsman that is identical, or sell them both and get a Delta. Anyone need some spare parts?

Reply to
steve

If it has a brake, the brake is probably hung up.

Reply to
J. Clarke

IMHO don't waste your $'s on a Delta, for a better RAS buy a used DeWalt instead.

Reply to
Rumpty