Reverse tooth jigsaw blades

I have been using a t-shank jigsaw blade for laminate for years. I bought the last pack of 20 about 5-6 years ago. They were Bosch brand..and the number on the blade (my last one) is:

54-8010-0 My supplier swears he never heard of such a thing. Nothing comes up on google either. Yet when I Google for a laminate jigsaw blade I get this:
looks the same, so I'm hoping some of our illustrious participants has tried these and could offer a comment? (participants are not the same as smartiepants or fancypants.)

The blades I had were fabulous. After you learn (the hard way) to be VERY careful when starting a cut because the teeth are pointing downward the saw wants to jump upward and pogo-stick across a newly laminated surface...or so I'm told. The Bosch's at least, left a very clean, chip-free cut.. on mounted veneer as well, btw.

Reply to
Robatoy

Bosch still makes them. I use the T101BR (it's a downcutter) for laminate cutting and the T101B (same blade, only upcutter) for general purpose work. Both blades work well and are the two I most commonly reach for. --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

That makes two of us, if I'm cutting wood.

They are getting tougher to find since Bosch introduced a new tooth pattern.

Use the 6TPI for garbage work.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Try Grainger.

If you are in SoCal, try Bosch servive center in La Palma.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

that if you can find another brand, get another brand. On several occasions I have used DeWalt blades and I wonder how thy continue to sell. I would be afraid that these would follow suite.

Reply to
Leon

I am guessing that it has been replaced by this blade... T101AO

Or the Down Cutting 10TPI version... T101BR

some of the fine blades claimed suitable -- worked ok for me. Course =

my standards may be lower. :-)

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR