Resawing?

Holy toledo! I guess I need to learn how to designate the "tone" of my responses better.

As Swingman correctly interpreted in one of his responses, I meant the question rhetorically to sort of poise the OP into trying to visualize what it could mean. Whoever took offense, oh well.

Tom: as you see I did try to answer your question, hopefully it made some sense to you. This was one thread of crap I didn't see coming and definitely didn't mean to instigate.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

May be more one's frame of reference. The term is that descriptive of the operation as to be instantly recognizable as soon as you realize the necessity.

I first heard the term in a shop class as a kid ... in answer to my remark about what a waste it was to plane down a board to the desired thickness ... the very second the word itself was uttered by the shop teacher it was instantly understood.

Resawing is not necesssarily relegated to the bandsaw. It is was once commonly done by hand, often using a bowsaw, which was my first experience with it, and can also be accomplishedl, with size limitations, on the table saw.

Reply to
Swingman

OH, OH, OH, I KNOW, I KNOW!!!!!!

Short circuit!!!

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

No worries, man. Honestly, I think you made a lot more sense in your responses than some of the others. I guess it just amazes me that people take so much time to "whine". As if it makes a difference hehe.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

It was not your fault, Mike ... and I hereby apologize for my part in it, particularly to gabriel.

Twas no excuse that I been sitting here all damn morning waiting on a delivery of redwood for a commissioned piece ... idle hands bring on the devil's mischief.

... and it just showed up. Back to work!

Reply to
Swingman

you win a kewpie doll! (bet I spelled kewpie incorrectly)

dave

Jerry Gilreath wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave