Resaw Bragging Samples on a.b.p.w.

for those keeping up with the Laguna band saw story, I thought that the table was perpendicular to the blade on the new Laguna. Resawing a 7.25" wide piece of wood revealed a 1/64" deviation over that span. A quick tweak of the 90 degree stop gave me a nice 4"x4"x 1/64" piece of Red Oak that confirms "close enough". I posted 3 pics on a.p.b.w.

Reply to
Leon

So Leon, are you close to declaring the saw is a "keeper"? It says a lot that you were able to hold your wood steady enough for those cuts with that big ol' grin on your face.

I really like your playing cards.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

This does present a quandry of sorts Leon.

If you can easily make such high quality veneer so quickly and efficently, what are you going to do with all of it?

Perhaps your wife's dream was a prophecy of sorts.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Yeah the grin and all the drool. Its a keeper, it has to be. Laguna probably would not take it back.

Reply to
Leon

I kept think about her dream all day today.

Reply to
Leon

nice pics Leon.

If I ever get mine out of storage and set up to use I'd like to compare your guide system to mine. Mine has a roller system similar to Carter Guides. I think I would like yours better.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Thank you Frank.

If you feel the need you can buy the Laguna ceramic guides. I really like the quiet, only the thump as the weld comes around.

Reply to
Leon

I ran a stone against the back of my blade before setting the guides up, gave it just a slight roundover just to "break" the edges as I've heard not to roundover with the ceramic guides.

Another suggestion: Since the guides are almost begging to be square to start with, keep an eye on the contact points of your side guides, and maybe use this to set your blades, instead of eyeballing on the crown of the tires. If you can get it almost perfect, I'm thinking "blade drift" and resultant fence adjustment would be history?

Have fun.

-------------------- Steve Jensen Abbotsford B.C. snipped-for-privacy@canada.mortise.com chopping out the mortise. BBS'ing since 1982 at 300 bps. Surfing along at 19200 bps since 95. WW'ing since 1985 LV Cust #4114

Nothing catchy to say, well maybe..... WAKE UP - There are no GODs you fools!

Reply to
Scorp

Laguna actually recomends letting the guides to the rounding.

Thanks

Reply to
Leon