Removable toekick hardware?

Hi all, I just completed building kitchen cabinets for a friend and all that is left to do is install the toekicks after the floor goes in. Is there hardware available that allows the toekick to be removed for maintenace/cleaning? I thought about using rare earth magnets but they may not be strong enough. Any ideas? Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene T

I think you are on to an idea. I've used the rare earth magnets to hold a door on my table saw. Why not make up a test panel and try them. Another idea would be to use some of the really small headed trim screws. You wouldn't need many of them, and on a toe kick, they wouldn't be very noticeable. They could even be installed near the top.

Reply to
ToolMiser

then scroll down to "cabinet legs"

Doug Miller

The magnets sound like a good idea if you are making the toe kicks out of wood and one of these magnets about every 2' or so should be plenty strong and long as the toe kick is setting on the floor and the magnets only function is to keep the kicks in place and....

Reply to
Leon

Gene, I saw in an article or ?? where they put real skinny (2-1/2 ~ 3") drawers where the toe kicks go. Great place for cookie sheets etc. Just a thought.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Ahrens

Damn ... don't tell SWMBO!

Reply to
Swingman

ROFLMAO - Yes, I never thought of THAT problem.

Erik

Reply to
Erik Ahrens

I built drawers and used plastic wheels designed for under-bed storgae. Rockler has them. The drawers were incredibly handy and the custom kitchen was the main buying point for the first family that saw my home.

Reply to
David Chamberlain

You could leave them loose. Mine have been like that for 30 years.

Reply to
klaatu

Interesting idea. Don't they get lots of dust & pet hair in them?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Reply to