Refinished a table for a neighbor

I refinished this piece, and delivered it yesterday. I had to cut the top apart and jointed it to get it to be flat. From where it was , to where it is , it looks good to me. The money shot was the top.. the other wood was less impressive.

Glad my wife saw it and said I would do it over for them. The woman was going to paint it, which would have been a shame.

woodchucker

Masterfully done, Jeff!

And, you saved some beautiful wood from a terrible fate. Painting QSO is more egregious than painting cherry.

Reply to
Swingman

took a good look at your pictures, from one end to the other. Very, very nice job. Great that you restored it saving it from paint that probably would have had it tossed into the trash in less than a year.

I wouldn't be surprised but that turns into a good advertising piece.

Reply to
OFWW

did you trace out the leg contours so you could make one like that

a nice looking table in any wood

Reply to
Electric Comet

You did GOOD!

Reply to
Leon

Yeah, that curly grain does not hold paint well. Contact paper should work.

I'm sure she appreciated it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The identical table is sitting in our entry SWMBO drug in from somewhere. It's in far worse shape than that one started out at and isn't even oak as a redeeming feature. I've not been able to get enough of a vibe off it to even replace the top with something presentable...

Reply to
dpb

Looks great to me. It's all impressive. Good job.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Congratulations, that looks great! Good job.

Hell, yeah! I am still laughing at that one.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Great job! Is that actually your shop? If so, it's too neat and clean. You should sprinkle some shavings around before you make any more pictures.

Reply to
G. Ross

Thanks everyone. My shop looks like a mess usually. I try to keep my workbenches clear, but at times (during a project) I lose the battle. Then I clean up so I can repeat. I hate it when the bench is full and I can't put work down.. so I try ... to avoid it.

Actually my floors had enough shavings recently that it started being a problem. I have to use a dust pan or shovel when it gets that deep.

But I sweep, I have a floor sweep in the machine room, would like to add one to my hand shop.

Reply to
woodchucker

No, I wasn't thrilled with the design, only the wood. It felt too delicate. the bottom shelf was held on with screw eyes.

I would have doweled and glued them.

Reply to
woodchucker