Recommended furniture dimensions - Armoire

Homes in the UK have a tax based on the amount of rooms, counting closets. Fewer closets, lower taxes. There were taxes 100 years ago too. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

---------------------------------------- Sw> Taxes...

------------------------------------------ Taxes also drove the mansard roof.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Speaking of closets, et al...

My buddy was building a post and beam home. He needed to convert his buildi ng loan into a mortgage so he had to get an electrical inspection. He had n ot yet bored the holes for all of the receptacles in the beams that ran alo ng the floor of the dining room, but he was running out of time.

Now, picture the area that was to become the dining room: It was in a sunke n area off of the kitchen, it had floor to ceiling windows, a beautiful cha ndelier hanging from the vaulted ceiling and opened into a sitting area nea r one side of a 2 sided fireplace. There were speakers built into the wall and a beautiful hardwood floor.

My buddy had become well acquainted with the electrical inspector throughou t the build and they got along very well. The conversation during the inspe ction went something like this:

Inspector: And what will this room be used for? Buddy: It's going to be the dining room. Inspector: A dining room requires receptacles every 6'. Buddy: Umm...well...ahhh...then...it's a closet! Inspector: Well, OK, you don't need receptacles in a closet. By the way, th is is going to be a very nice closet.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 09:17:51 -0600, Leon

So eliminating the closets and replacing them with a wardrobe or armoire lessens the tax total? Too bad there aren't many similarly easy tax dodges around.

Reply to
none

Hey, if my dog lives indoors, then it's a doghouse, right? No taxes or inspection for doghouses, that I'm aware of.

Wish I had a cat.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

ghout the build and they got along very well. The conversation during the i nspection went something like this:

, this is going to be a very nice closet.

nspection for doghouses, that I'm aware of.

I guess that would depend on how friendly your are with the inspector.

Do you want mine? She's driving us crazy. 10 months out of the year she's h ardly ever in the house. It's -3 F right now and she's got a serious case o f cabin fever. Just about every hour she's whining to go out into the garag e, 5 minutes later she's banging to get back in.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

When I moved here I noticed 13 commodes on my tax bill. Hum I said - Only 4 total - 3 house, 1 shop. What is the other 9. 30 years ago there was a saw mill here and there was a wide building...

I thought they counted the mens room of a long defunk building.

They were counting faucets in the house. Missed two. Wow. One is Never, Never used. They used it as water usage and richness. Had been around since the turn of the 20th century. City 'folk' finally kept complaining.

Mart> >>> >>>> Perhaps what you are aiming for is more of a 'wardrobe'? I don't see

Reply to
Martin Eastburn