Rebuild Power Tool Batteries

Except that these days that will cost you more than capacitors unless you work in a service station or otherwise accumulate working car batteries.

Why reinvent the wheel? .

Reply to
J. Clarke

Search rebuild power tool batteries. THere's a place that offers them

- but the cost ain't cheap!

Supposedly, you can "zap" the old cells and bring them back to life. I've yet to try this myself.

Where you you get the batteries you mentioned? How much do they cost in small quantities?

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

"Hoosierpopi" wrote

Don't. It kills them all. I did and regret it. I now have 9 unusable packs and 6 packs that only work for a while. Zapping them makes them die much quicker, IMHO.

My advice is to combine packs to extend life. Charge a pack, then wait a day and take apart the pack, and read individual cell voltage. You will usually have 2 or 3 cells fail to hold a charge before the rest. Cut the solder tab in the middle between cells, and put cells from another pack in their place and solder back together.

Reply to
Morgans

I got the batteries from ebay from the vendor "battery geek 1". The most cost efficient way for shipping is to buy 25 at a time.

RP

Reply to
RP