Reading grain direction

Can someone direct me to an article, book or website where I can learn how to read grain direction?

Thanks

Reply to
BeerBoy

The May/June 2003 issue of WoodenBoat has an article by Ray Speck entitled "Reading the slope of wood grain - know what to look for in bending stock".. Ray is a teacher at the Northwest School of Wooden Boat Building in Port Townsend, Washington, and a local boat builder. The article is oriented toward selecting bending stock for steam-bent frames. Lots of drawings and pictures, and a bibliography for future reading.

Regards, Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Reply to