Re: What was this tool?

I was watching one of the home improvement shows where they were

> installing a wood floor. > > When they were ripping out the old floor, they briefly showed a small > powered saw that allowed them to cut the old flooring right up to the > wall. > > It looked like a powered hand "grinder" with a recipocating blade. > > What was it and who makes it? > > Thanks > > TMT

Sounds like a Fein Multimaster, although similar designs are available from other companies.

DGDevin

I know of 4 different ones already. The Fein is virtually impossible to beat. Bosch seems to come close, the rest ... who knows. We don't need a DeWalt.

Reply to
Robatoy

more.

If you need a tool like that, Fein has no equal, much less any real competition.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Not sure if it's the one you are talking about, but I bought a Clarke Crocodile Saw like the one below.

't used it yet after having it on hand for over a year and some might call it a waste of money, but it has some certain features and capabilities that I haven't seen elsewhere. So, I've got it for those few unique tasks that just can't be completed as well by other tools. (That I know of anyway)

Reply to
upscale

The Fein like the Multimax is an oscillating tool. Or perhaps you're thinking he mistook the device for a saw?

Reply to
upscale

Maybe you are talking about a jamb saw. They have rotating blades though, not reciprocating.

dadiOH

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 07:22:54 -0500, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com scrawled the following:

"What can this $200 set do that a $60 ($40 on sale now) HF multi-function power tool can't?" I wondered aloud.

The toomanytwinkiestroll was likely referring to a toe-kick saw. That's an inline version of your Croc.

-- The Smart Person learns from his mistakes. The Wise Person learns from the mistakes of others. And then there are all the rest of us...

Larry Jaques

Can't really answer that since I haven't used it yet, but I was buying some other stuff from the same online tool store at the time and the description was something along the lines of a "do everything" tool. That was enough to snag me.

Think it went something like: It's meant to be operated one-handed and will cut through metals, plywood, ceramic tile, conduit and tubing.

Reply to
upscale