Reading in rec.crafts.metalworking.
400. closeup of a photovoltaic (solar) cell
401. ice skate sharpener - run the blade along the cylindrical abrasive,
and it leaves sharp edges on the blade. The "ears" on the clip part serve
as a guide.
402. tachometer. The shaft is badly corroded. When the point is held
against the axis of spinning object, the shaft turns, which turns the
wheel. Run it for a certain time, or until a certain number is reached,
and the RPMs can be calculated.
403. not sure - looks like it's for making parallel grooves in something.
404. not sure, but it looks like a big, nasty version of a comb used for
removing knotted fur on a long-hair cat or dog
405. The notched end is magnetic. It holds nails so you can start them
without pounding your thumb.
Ron DeBlock N2JSO
If God had meant for Man to see the sunrise,
Click to see the full signature.