Re: What is it? LXV

374. End of a boat hook or window opening tool. Bill
Reply to
William Falcone
370: Ferrule crimper...could be for electrical cables or coax fittings 371: Tubing bender 372: Looks like a wall sheathing jack, like used for raising drywall up snug. 373: base of a light bulb 374: Window-opener pole end 375: Looks like another ferrule or thimble crimper
Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
  • Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Why not an ordinary "pipe cutter" or whatever it is called?

Reply to
Jon Haugsand

The tool shown doesn't cut, it compresses.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh
373 does not look quite like a lamp base. I think it is a flex line, like used to hook up a gas stove. The rest have been answered, or I don't know.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Yup! Missed the screw hole for retaining it on the wood pole the first time I looked.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Head for a window opening pole. We had one in every classroom in my grade and high school

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Thread on the end of a garden hose?

Reply to
William

I agree - it's too long and not smooth enough to be a bulb base. My first guess was "gooseneck", but it's not squarish enough - I like the "gas line" guess.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

In the first shot the fourth indenter is there but you can't see it because of the angle.

Yes, this one has the mount on the other side for the bushing.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.