Re: Q on Jet 6" Replacement Jointer Knives

Powermatic's knives will fit just fine. My local stores (woodcraft/ woodworkers source) deserve the business. Tom >Subject: Q on Jet 6" Replacement Jointer Knives

From: "tnfkajs" snipped-for-privacy@microsoft.com >Date: 08/25/2003 4:40 PM US Mountain Standard Time >Message-id: > >Browsing various websites looking at replacement jointer knives for my Jet >JJ-6CSX 6" jointer. Jet manual sez buy 6 1/6" x 5/8" x 1/8" knives. > >Question is - if I don't see an exact dimensional match - is there some >leeway? >What other sizes would fit? > >Anyone have a favorite site or brand for ordering jointer knives? > >Thanks!

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I bought a set of Freud 6 x 5/8 x 1/8 and offset them 1/6 of an inch to maintain full width.

Reply to
George