Re how much to charge for woodworking work

I won't get near a project unless I can clear $25 an hour (that is after taking out overhead and profit, it's a business after all) O & P should be around

30-40% of cost (my time) so that works out to about $35 an hour MINIMUM.
Reply to
srazor

Overhead and profit? Overhead I get, but isn't the remaining $25 your profit?

I don't think any tradesman should be charging less than $60/hour these days. Even landscapers using relatively untrained labor get that.

Now, if you have a different day job and woodworking is your hobby, you can charge whatever you like.

Reply to
Joe