re: dust collector circumstances - 45's and wye's

From: Subject: How to hook up a dust collector in this circumstance. Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 11:11 AM

Hi,

I need a bit of help with hooking up a dust collector. As it stands right now my ducts will run in an 'L' pattern, 10' on each length. The DC will be where the 10' lengths meet.

I'm using spiral ducts hanging from the ceiling. Do I use a 'T' connector where the 2 10' lengths meet and drop down another spiral down to the DC. I'm wondering how to handle the 90 degree transition.

Thanks

Alex

With the D/C at the junction of your two 10-foot runs, try to have each run terminate above the D/C using a 45deg. transition. Can you get the two transitions to meet into a wye? If so, use that wye, then another 45deg. transition (to point straight down). Continue to the cyclone as directly as possible.

Reply to
OneTrackBrewer