Re: 3D project software

> Great info everyone. > > I wasn't wanting to spend a lot of money, just enough so I give my wift > (finicial advisor) an idea of what I am planning to build. I'm an > electrical engineer and I know that doing this 3D work first will be time > consuming and I am sure I will agree with you Lowell but like I said > earlier, this is just something I'm going to have to learn myself. > > > As a fellow EE, I can assure you that using 3D CAD tools is much more > time consuming than generating system models using tools like Matlab or > solving problems using Maple. > > I have been using TurboCad for 3D drawing and have found it useful. The > 3D aspect is helpful in making sure that the design is rational. It is > time-consuming however. > > I am going to pick up a copy of Workbench Magazine. thanks Mike. > > I've used IronCad but (years ago), I thought it was tailored for sheetmetal > work. What do I know, I might check it out again since I see a possible use > now. > > Thanks again everyone > > Steve > Steve Blake wrote: > > > I am presently a New-be and I'm looking for a nice 3D software

package

for > new projects. I know you seasoned chippers will just say "Just Do IT". > I > know but I have to learn for myself. Please advise. > > Question--how much do you want to spend? You can get a fairly > well-equipped > shop for the price of a copy of a good 3D CAD program. > > Thanks > Steve > > -- > --John > Reply to jclarke at ae tee tee global dot net > (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net) > >

Well 3 out of 3 EE's agree. As an EE I also agree that using a CAD is somewaht useful but very time consuming. I've tried Turbocad but found each time I use it I need to retrain myself. Obviously I don't use it much.

Reply to
dteckie