RBI planer and scroll saw

Today I ran upon a lady wanting to sell a RBI 20" scroll saw and 12" planer that belonged to her husband who died. I am not familiar with this brand and have no knowledge of quality. Can anyone offer their opinion as to whether this is worth investigating further? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Vaughn Davis

brand and have no knowledge of quality. Can anyone

in advance.

RBI indusries makes Hawk brand scroll saws, the best made in the US.

buying. If you get it, I envy you too!

Reply to
AAvK

The RBI Scroll Saw is one of the best ones made.... and very expensive to buy. Since they make very high quality products I'd bet the planer is a very good one also. I own a 26 inch RBI Hawk Scroll Saw and paid about $1100 for it several years ago.

This is worth investigating.... and do it quickly.

Reply to
GARY WALKER

If you don't buy them, then tell me where she is and I'll buy them. They're both very good tools and I'll kick some of my other stuff out of the shop to make space for them, that is if you don't buy them. They're both a very good find and I envy you.

Reply to
Charley

The 20" saw is currently on sale for $949. There is no 12" planer any longer, but the 15" planer/molder is $1700.

Reputation can't really be better, IMO, at least as far as the scroll saws go. I've never used the other tools.

Reply to
Charlie Self