raised floor with dust collection

-MIKE- wrote in news:nacs4c$1s9$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I noticed something interesting flipping through my copy of Pocket Ref. (The reference book. It's not Puckdropper's Guide to the Face Off dot. :-)) The dump angle of most dry materials was at a minimum 35 degrees and quite often around 45. So, I agree that in dust collection slope is indeed irrelevent.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On 02/21/2016 11:37 AM, -MIKE- wrote: ...

"Dime a dozen..." :)

Of course, they're actually 7", not 6...

Reply to
dpb

Good point. That's something I didn't consider on the spur of the moment reply. The only drawback on that is having some sort of snake on hand unless you want to call a plumber.

Reply to
Meanie

Lots of joist / floor sheeting expense. Once the equipment is in place you're not going to lift the floor sheeting for repairs. Why not cut paths in the concrete. Grout over. Add cleanouts where a snake with suction and / or pressure to move the clog can be used for maintenance.

Reply to
SnA Higgins

"SnA Higgins" wrote in news:nadphi$vmh$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

That's great if your shop setup never changes. I've been meaning to rearrange mine for over a year, but part of the problem I've got is I have to make room for the stuff I'm moving first. Life intervenes and suddenly I'm busy with work.

We all get new equipment from time to time, or have a shelf that rearranges the work shop*. If you're determined to not have stuff hanging from the ceiling, might as well make it so you can change it without too much hassle when the time comes.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

the collector needs to provide enough power and also filter the big chunks

i did not see the collector unit in the pictures

looked to me like they needed to get to work and not sweat the small stuff

he could always go back and fix those up

Reply to
Electric Comet