raid on Gibson Guitar

I'm wondering what U.S. Fish and Game Wardens have to do with Indian lumber. Where'd he get that?

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

id:

When banjo players get nasty:

Father Haskell

Except Fender has been harassing small-time builders of cigar box guitars, since cigar box guitars are square, and Fender, which owns Gretsch, who built Bo Diddley's signature instruments, owns the patent on square guitars.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Or you could buy a Martin. They use the same damned wood but contribute to the democratic party, so armed hatchet men aren't sent to in force Indian law.

Reply to
Jack Stein

funny!

I thought that looked like Michael Landon for a bit.

Reply to
Eric

See? them banjos'll kill you daid!

Then there's this (I can't look):

Steve

Technically, Bo's guitars were rectangular. According to some sources he built the first one, so "prior use" should invalidate any Gretsch patent claim, as would the famous "log" built by Les Paul. Leo Fender also seems to have built a "square" prototype.

Reply to
Steve

I would think any "square guitar" patent would have long ago expired.

Reply to
krw