Question about how to make a FLAT table from Oak Laminate

I'm really new to woodworking, and am building a small table. I've gotten quite a ways into the project, but I can't decide how best to flatten the table top. The top is a sandwich (don't know what you wood folks call it!) of oak and some other cheap wood. However it's got a bow in two dimensions, and I'm not sure how to:

(1) Take the bow out of the wood. (2) Keep the wood from bowing again.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Emil

Reply to
edg