Python memory use (psyco, C++)

Isn't emacs a mail or news reader? What does it have to do with perl and editing?

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

It has nothing at all to do with editing, of course. I think you're wrong about what EMACS is, though, I thought it was an interface for "adventure", isn't it? "You're in a maze of twisty corridors, all alike" and all that?

Dave "vim, actually..." Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Nope, and the OP must've missed the fact you work @ Intel. :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

Oh! I'm sorry!

Reply to
patrick conroy

Hrrm? emacs runs just fine on a lot of OS's which run on Intel processors. It might even run on windows too, but I'm not likely to try for at least two reasons.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You wanna be SHUNNED?! Harrumpf, indeed. Trying to start a RELIGIOUS discussion on the wreck. Sheesh. (G)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

VAX/VMS rules! Or at least it did once upon a time. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Hint (No, not the singular of 'hinz' :): Look up the name of the guy who _invented_ the language.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yeah - just tugging at his leg and ignoring BSD's, Linux's, etc. Thanks for the Adventure reminder. Played it on a DEC-10, odd machine that one, years ago.

Took me and a co-worker a couple of months to finish it, but we did. He had the patience to map out the second maze.

Reply to
patrick conroy

There are days that I *really* wish that Al Capp's mythical radical student group from the 1960's/1970's -- "Students Wildly Indignant About Nearly Everything" -- actually existed, and that I had them as a client. Just imagine the line-item on the resume': "Casting PERLs before S.W.I.N.E."

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Er, yeah, I know that. I actually got an email from him years ago, answering a perl question I had put in one of the mailing lists. Must've been a worthy question but I can't remember what it was about anymore.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

What ever gave you the idea that EMACS is a mail or news reader? It's one of the two standard editing tools in the Unix world, the other being vi, and the choice of which is something of a religious issue akin to gun control or "Mac vs PC". Perhaps you are confused because there is a newsreader ("gnews") that runs under EMACS.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Caught one!!! Hook, line, and sinker! :^)

I'll quit using vim and xterms when you pry my cold, dead fingers from my keyboard.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~