PVC S&D pipe (2729) available in Minneapolis area?

I've called several dealers and distributors in Mpls and St. Paul looking for this pipe and fittings to use for DC system. None of them have it or know who does.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Rick

Reply to
rumbaa

Did you try ace hardware for the fittings? I'm pretty sure all 6" PVC has the same OD. Only the wall thickness varies.

'm sure if you talk to a plumbing supply house they can order you some. Might take a minimum size order though.

-j

Rick,

I don't live anywhere near MN, but if you don't get any other answers, the following may help.

I used 4" S&D for all but the main trunk line (5" spiral) in my D/C system. The pipe and basic fittings came from Home Depot. I did, however, buy several fittings from:

The quality and variety of the fittings was better than HD, including having

90 degree LONG radius elbows.

Good luck,

Bill Leonhardt

Reply to
Bill Leonhardt

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:21:30 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote (in article ):

I found only (1) place that had it. Call some of the plumbing supply houses (industrial) and ask. The place I found wasn't listed in the yellow pages.

They didn't carry the "thin" stuff, just the next grade up. This was fairly heavy. If I could still locate the thin stuff I'd get it instead. The fittings are all the same except for the really heavy (sched. 40). After buying three 45 wyes at $20 each I found McMaster had them a lot cheaper.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

In this part of the Country, Mid-West, the thin 4" PVC pipe is readily available at all Farm Supply Stores, Rural King, Big R, TSC, etc. About $4 per 10 ft. length. It is plenty good for dust collector system. Mine has been in use for close to 20 years.

Walt Conner

Reply to
Walt Conner

Others have said HD - ours in this area doesn't have it, only Sched 40. Oddly enough the Lowes here did have it, in 4", for a little over $4/10'. And more oddly, all of the Ace Hardware's I checked had it too.

Reply to
patrick conroy