Purchasing a new ROS

PC was good, not so much anymore. I had total respect for the brand but my NEW, 2 years ago, replacement SpeedBloc that replaced the SpeedBloc in 1990 is not equal IMHO. Pretty good but not as good.

Reply to
Leon

I have both of those sanders. The PC sits in a drawer. My hand doesn't tingle after I use the Festool like it did when I uses the PC. I like that I can set the Festool down right away, not like the PC where you have to wait forever for it to stop spinning. The only problem I had with the Festool was when they came out with a new hole pattern they supplied me with a new pad, well that pad's hook and loop wouldn't hold the sandpaper after a short time of sanding. Festool would not replace the pad. I drilled new holes in the old pad and I'm still using it.

Reply to
Bigpole

I wonder if the new pad works better with perhaps the new paper also. Are you still using paper that you originally had? Perhaps, there are new pads and new paper to stick to it. Just a thought.

Reply to
Leon

Velcro, hook 'n loop from all kinds of manufacturers, are not all created equal and seemingly even incompatible sometimes. Yet another reason I like Mirka products. But, having said that, I have a Quad sander that uses 5" Klingspor paper that sticks incredibly well.

Reply to
Robatoy

Funny you should mention that... I got a package from Klingspor yesterday, 2 new 2" H&L mandrels and a bunch of disks.. The disks keep coming off when I sand bowls.. I thought it was my technique, but that's impossible, right? ;-] I played around a bit and my normal ripple-edge disks work fine with the Klingspor mandrels.. Being in a weird sort of mood, I tried the Klingspor disks on an old (not klingspor) mandrel, and they worked great..

I never considered "non-compatible H&L" until your post..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Gee Thanks. You all covered that area squarely. The advise was truly formulaic mixed with some unique symbolism. I enjoyed it over some pi. Roger

Reply to
Roger Woehl

=2E...the kind of thing you can expect when a circle of friends is drawn together.

Reply to
Robatoy

....the kind of thing you can expect when a circle of friends is drawn together.

Regardless of how abrasive some might be......

Reply to
Joe

Showing your true grit now?