Pumps for vacuum veneering

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Your decimal point's in the wrong place. 10 psi = 1440 lb/sq ft.

I don't know enough about vacuum veneering to know whether that makes a difference or not, I was just pointing out that there is a substantial difference in pressure between 20 inches of vacuum, and 28.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Pat Barber

Reply to
Pat Barber

Hell, I paid $80 for a GAST two stage medical pump. It can run 24x7. Got it on the internet a few years ago.

Hard to pay $50 for a manual pump....No bag ever holds a seal 100% so you must have to pump regularly.

Reply to
tiredofspam