propane use

I have a 1500 sq ft cottage. Just built 3 years ago. aveage temp outside

39 degrees . Temp in house set at 52. No one lives there, only go to check it out once a week to make sure all ok. We just bought last may. are propane usage was 137 gallons. Is that alot??

------------------------------------- <

Reply to
cottage

not a lot. not as much as if it had been 450 gallons.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Why not winterize it. Shut the water main, or pump, open the lines and drain them out as best as possible. empty the toilet tanks and put some RV winterizing fluid in the toilet bowl to keep smells out and fluid from freezing.

Turn the heat off.. Save yourself some m> I have a 1500 sq ft cottage. Just built 3 years ago. aveage temp outside

Reply to
tiredofspam

Wouldn't hurt to add a dollop of antifreeze in the sink, shower or tub drains. Might save a cracked trap.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

I'd just set the temp at 50 and rely on the ability to generally heat. Putting stuff in the drains is a good idea.

Mart> tiredofspam wrote:

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Sounds reasonable. Propane hot water heater shut off when you are not in residence?

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Reply to
DD_BobK