Price of Oil and WW

This is not an appropriate topic, BUT show me another country with better prices. My guess is that the more planned the economy, the higher the prices. That is most certainly true in Scandinavia and I believe most of modern Europe as well. Look at the returns on capital employed by the big companies. They are generally not extreme. Even the best oils are in the

15% range.

Could you set up a company and do better? Who would work for you?

Reply to
Wilson

You're about right. Here are some per-gallon gasoline *taxes* from the second quarter of 2004. Approximate, I'm reading a bar chart here.

Norway: $5.50 UK: $4.25 Netherlands: $3.90 Sweden: $2.50 U. S.: $0.28 Mexico (lowest): $0.25

I've lost the URL, but these estimate came from a big PDF file entitled, "Energy: A Gathering Storm?" by Philip K. Verleger, Jr., Senior Fellow at the Institute for International Economics.

Reply to
Dhakala