power tool racing on Discovery Channel

Caught this while perusing the TV schedule... pretty wild stuff! Guy just one a heat with what looked like a Milwaukee 7 1/4" saw... 30 MPH down the track! I just told my kids I better not catch them racing my new PC 314 against my PC 7 1/4" saw. That admonishment garnered a big "Daaaaaaadd." ;-) Gotta go, it's a chain saw against a Skill saw!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

I caught this show about a week ago. Pretty entertaining though I really wanted to see more wild machines. The vacuum cleaner, cheapo DeWalt belt sander practically direct from the store and that drill powered cart just didn't do much for me. That "jet" router was pretty disappointing too. The saw (I believe the one you're talking about - guy picked it up off the highway and he and his adult son modified it for racing) with the 10" blade or whatever was pretty satisfying to watch as was the dual grinder contraption mounted with sawblades that chewed up the walls of the track.

Ever watched the lumberjack competitions with the super-modified saws? Now that's on the order of what I'd like to see with the tool racing - all out killer machines that break the sound barrier.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Mon, Mar 7, 2005, 10:58pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@easystreet.com (Fly-by-Night=A0CC) ponders: Ever watched the lumberjack competitions with the super-modified saws? Now that's on the order of what I'd like to see with the tool racing - all out killer machines that break the sound barrier.

Yeah, sure, and next I expect you'll be trying to convince us they use V8 engines on chainsaws.

brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Yeah, sure, and next I expect you'll be trying to convince us they use V8 engines on chainsaws.

we're talkin' "hot saw".

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Once a year our local artists have power tool drag races and demolition derby's here in SF. Some of these machines are wild. The demolition derby evolved in to a international event. WE just used to do it at one of our shops and make a party out of it. max

Reply to
max