Possible Gloat for Canadians

Just looked through a Canadian Tire flier, and saw that they are clearing out 8" dado blades, adjustable (ie. no shims) for $80cdn regular $200CDN.

The outside blades apparently have 48 teeth. It is called a 'Mastercraft Maximum' and comes in a plastic case.

Anyone snagged one of these yet? How good is the cut?

Reply to
Rob Mitchell

Mastercraft is not considered the best quality line of tools, but depending on you require, it might well fill an intermittent need.

Reply to
Upscale

I bought one when they first came out. When I got it home and realised that it was a wobbler I didn't even bother trying it. It went straight back. It's a bit different from a standard wobbler in that it has two blades that are arranged in a V configuration. I have a friend who bought one recently to replace a stack and he is impressed by the quality of the cut.

Dave

Reply to
DaveH

I looked at one today. Yup it's a wobble dado. I might have bought it, but the adjustment mechanism looked kind of sloppy. There was no indent to lock in the width. I had hoped it might be more like the Freud dial dado.

Oh well.

Reply to
Rob Mitchell